Congratulations on getting braces! Your on your way to a healthier beautiful smile. At first you may notice that your teeth and mouth feel a little tender or sore. This is perfectly normal and we promise your mouth will not be sore forever! The discomfort and soreness you are feeling is perfectly normal. Your teeth may be tender to biting pressures, which can make it tough to chew and eat solid food. Here are 2 delicious smoothie recipes that are delicious, healthy and filling.
1. Delicious Red Fruits and Oats Smoothie
This delicious smoothie will make it easy for you to consume, especially in your first few days after getting braces. The added oats, will fill you up.
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 sliced banana
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
2. Peanut Butter, Banana and Flax Smoothie
This delicious combination will have you feeling full of creamy goodness. The yogurt and peanut butter will have you feeling full and the honey combined with bananas will leave you craving for more.
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ground golden flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, sliced